Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Stranger in The Restaurant

I had not intended to stop for lunch on the way home from work. I had some errands to run so at the last minute I turned into the parking lot of Pizza Hut. I sat eating my meal and reading a book called the Celestine Prophecy. In the book I am at the part when the main character is told that sometimes when strangers have eye contact there might be a message to be shared. 

I finished my meal and as I stood up I looked at the couple sitting near me. The woman asked, "How do like the book. I read it year's ago."

I told her that I was was reading the book just at the right time for me even though it had been published a long time ago. She asked if I had read the next book. I said I tried to order it from the library but their copy had been lost and I would have to wait for another one to be located elsewhere.

She then pulled out her business card and said, "I have a copy that I would be happy to lend you. Just give me a call."

Not only was the entire experience a validation of what I had been reading but she also pointed me in the direction of the next book I am meant to read. I am so grateful that I paid attention to the moment being given to me and to the woman who I shall say, "stepped up to the plate," to deliver the message. I could have just walked past her and she could have ignored me. In that case, neither of us would have gained information that was of value to us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment