Saturday, May 5, 2012

The "Other" Kid (Computer Help)

The "other" kid, you know what I mean. This is the kid you call for help when you have a computer question or need help setting up your new phone. You call the "other" kid because your own children will spout off an answer but won't even wait until you grab a pen and paper.


I know that I'm revealing my age range. I'm so lucky to have an "other" kid and my children were very impressed by the video I sent them last week.


The greatest delight and satisfaction with the "other" kid is that he was in my kindergarten class 7 or so years ago. His name is Connor and I swear he is a natural teacher, innately understanding the term spontaneous teaching as he shows me how to link my website to my Skype account.


His mother and I chuckle at the irony of my past student being my teacher. BUT, after all, isn't that what we wish for all children? 

No comments:

Post a Comment