Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Re-Entry (After Loss)

 The house is quiet. The children (I make them sound young; they are adults.) have returned to their homes and jobs. They were here a month and yet it seems like it was just one long day. The refrigerator is empty; the last of the cookies have been wrapped and stored in the freezer. Most of the thank-you notes have been written and only two containers are left to return to their owners. The electric company very kindly let me back on the budget billing plan, thank goodness! It seems I neglected to open a few of my bills.


I don't know what to do when I am not going to a hospital. I don't know what I want to do. Going to my job is a given. My passion for writing, for reflecting on present and recent synchronous moments and for picture taking of orbs are a given.


The world has moved on. I don't know where I want to take my first step to re-enter a life that seems like a lifetime ago. I am changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment