Monday, October 31, 2011

"The Gift That Keeps on Giving"



Posted by PicasaAs a teacher it is not unusual to have children make things and donate them to  places such as senior centers, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. We usually do not know how they received. This time, however, I know first hand how much these small gifts are appreciated.
 This darling decorated pumpkin was one of many made by students from Trinity Lutheran School and brought to the Hospice Floor. This one was displayed in Lou's hospital room. It was amazing how it became a focal point of cheer and appreciation among my family and the staff.
Today it is Halloween and this pumpkin is now at my home. It brings poignant memories of a bittersweet time in my life but also continues to bring a smile to my face and later on the the trick-or-treaters who will knock on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment