Monday, May 13, 2013

90 Year Old Granny Celebrates Life By Dancing (GodVine)


I am reposting this from G-dVine Video on Face Book. I really believe that dancing has so many benefits; one of which is keeping young.

http://www.godvine.com/90-Year-Old-Granny-Celebrates-Life-by-Dancing-3301.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5-12-2013

 I take a lot of dance classes and attend dances all over with friends. I love the different age groups and the interactions. To me the most important thing is to have fun and move.

In that sense, however, it does not mean you need to go anywhere to dance as this video shows. I often turn on the radio or a CD and dance at least one song in the morning before going to work. When I taught kindergarten, I always played a few songs in the morning to get the children up and moving. Dancing wakes up your body, mind, and spirit.

I had a very dear friend who taught me something very important. She showed me by example that if you have a disability, that does not mean you are not able to dance. My most wonderful memories of her, were to see her swaying her body and arms and head and singing along to a song in her wheel chair. 

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. And...I for one love all styles of dance. For exercise this morning I did the Cupid Shuffle line dance to some song on the radio. It helped me feel good and as an added benefit made me feel my thigh and my  glutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment